Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Our support staff are trained in First Aid and they staff our First Aid room.
- We have strict guidelines to the dispensing of medicine provided by parents. Schools are not permitted to supply drugs, medicines or ointments.
- All children who have chronic conditions arrange a health management plan with the school. Arrange this on enrolment and update when circumstances change.
- We have a policy of not sharing food because of the number of students who have diverse food allergies. The canteen does not sell products with peanuts.
- Camp guidelines on medications are very strict.
- Whittlesea City Council provide one head lice screening per year. A trained member of our support staff checks on a needs basis at other times of the year. Parents are requested to sign approval for head lice screening as part of the enrolment process.
- Staff undertake asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis, First Aid and CPR training on a cyclical basis.
- Only trained volunteers are able to assist in classrooms, on excursions, with sporting teams, in the library etc. A brief informal training session is held at least once per term. Keep an eye on the newsletter and this webpage for dates.