Reporting to Parents
Teachers are continually assessing a student’s progress and achievements, to plan for their learning programs throughout their enrolment at PPPS. The school evaluates the assessment data to plan growth, both for the individual student and whole school improvement. Years 3 and 5 students undertake the National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) in May which provides additional information to parents. PPPS provides term overviews for each year level to inform parents of classroom activities. Parents are welcome to discuss the progress of their child at any time. PPPS also provides three scheduled discussion times involving parents and students and two written reports.
- January - 'Introducing My Child' - parents meet with the teacher to pass on all relevant background information which can assist the teacher to cater better for the child's individual needs.
- End of term one/Early term two - Parents, student and teacher meet in a 3-way conference to discuss individual learning goals.
- Mid-year - A comprehensive written report is sent home for each student.
- Late term 3 - Parents, students and teacher meet to review the child's progress, achievements and future directions in a 3-way conference. Distribution of years 3 and 5 NAPLAN results.
- End of term 4 - A comprehensive written report is sent home for each student summarising the student's effort, progress and achievements and indicating areas for improvement for the following year.