At Plenty Parklands, we cover the first two stages of learning.
YEAR PREP TO 4 (EARLY YEARS) - LAYING THE FOUNDATIONS
In these years the curriculum focuses on developing the fundamental knowledge, skills and behaviours in literacy and numeracy and other areas including physical and social capacities which underpin all future learning.
YEARS 5 TO 8 (MIDDLE YEARS) - BUILDING
BREADTH AND DEPTH
In these years students progress beyond the foundations and their literacy and numeracy becomes more developed. An expanded curriculum program provides the basis for in depth learning within all domains in the three learning strands.
THERE ARE 3 STRANDS IN THE AusVELS AND EACH STRAND HAS DOMAINS.
• STRAND 1 - PHYSICAL, PERSONAL AND SOCIAL
Health and Physical Education; Interpersonal Development; Personal Learning; Civics and Citizenship.
• STRAND 2 - DISCIPLINE-BASED LEARNING
The Arts; English; The Humanities; Mathematics; Science;
Languages other than English (Indonesian)
• STRAND 3 - INTERDISCIPLINARY LEARNING
Communication; Design, Creativity and Technology; Information and Communication Technology; Thinking Processes.
PPPS has set up a structure that provides the following programs to ensure optimum learning for all students, irrespective of their socio-economic, cultural, religious or family background or intellectual ability.
In addition to the classroom programs, students at PPPS are provided with:
- Specialist programs for Visual Arts, Music, Physical Education/Sport and Indonesian
- Co-curricular programs - dance, keyboard, swimming, gymnastics, biennial concert, biennial dance concert
- Extra curricular - chess club, rock band, choir, Junior Rock Eisteddfod.
- Citizenship - Junior School Council, Young Leaders Program (years 5 and 6), Peer Mediation (years 5 and 6), buddies for Preps, student fund raising
- Year 6 Presentation Night
- Support Programs - Prep information, Early Years Literacy support, Early Years Numeracy support, Disabilities program
- Extension - Gifted Education, Tournament of Minds (years 5 and 6), University testing program (years 4 and 6).