Plenty Parklands Primary School opened in January 1999. The school had a proud history in its previous existence on the corner of Plenty Road and the Metropolitan Ring road as:
- 1877 - 1895 Janefield Primary School.
- 1895 - 1902 the school closed because of the depression.
- 1903 - 1998 Bundoora Primary School.
Ms Lynne Macdonald was the closing Principal at Bundoora Primary School from 1994 to 1998 and became the inaugural Principal at Plenty Parklands Primary School in 1999. Plenty Parklands Primary School opened with 290 students in 1999 and in 2019 has 740 students.
The school has had dramatic growth in students, staff and families.
The result is a dynamic 21st century educational community which is 'committed to educating children as lifelong learners to shape a better Australia'.
Our principal, Ms. Claire McInerney, was our Assistant Principal from 2000-2005 when she became the Principal of Eltham East Primary School. Claire returned to us as Principal in term 2, 2008 following the retirement of the inaugural Principal, Ms. Lynne Macdonald.