At Plenty Parklands Primary School a challenging and comprehensive curriculum is implemented. The school has high expectations of both students and staff. The curriculum your child will experience is based on the Victorian Curriculum, as shown below.
You will receive two written reports and three opportunities to meet each year to discuss your child’s effort, progress and achievements.
STUDENT LEARNING PROGRAMS are enhanced with many extra programs and resources.
A. THE SCHOOL PROVIDES SUPPORT FOR THOSE CHILDREN WHO NEED IT.
- English and Mathematics (e.g. Cool Counting program, Learning Support program)
- A specialised Language Support program for children with a language disorder
- Specialised learning activities are offered to cater for talented and gifted students in classroom programs. We also offer places in short term programs, such as Creative Minds
- Selected year 5 and year 6 students compete annually in Tournament of Minds at La Trobe University
- Social Skills Program for children needing assistance for their interpersonal development
- Year 2 to 6 students have the opportunity to enter the NSW University English, Mathematics and Science testing program (ICAS)
B. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Choir (years 3-6)
- Band (years 5-6)
- Dance (years Prep to 3 with Mr Skinner, 4-6 with Footsteps)
- Chess Club for any interested students
C. CAMPING PROGRAM
(Costs to families are monitored by School Council)
- Prep, breakfast in pyjamas at school
- Year 1, evening barbecue at school
- Year 2, day camp to local venue
- Year 3, 2 night camp
- Year 4, 2 night camp
- Year 5, 3 night camp
- Year 6, Melbourne based activities or Canberra tour
D. SPECIALIST PROGRAMS
To support our class and specialist Arts program we also enjoy a
- Biennial School Concert – all students prep to year 6 (2021)
- Biennial Family Dance – prep to year 3 (2022)
- Annual Years 4, 5 and 6 dance program
SPORT / PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
- prep - PMP
- year 1 / 2 - swimming
- year 3 / 4 - gymnastics
- year 5 / 6 - interschool sport. In addition to Physical Education classes, many students participate in sporting tournaments and carnivals.
E. EXCURSIONS and IN SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
These are planned as part of curriculum programs at each year level to enrich the children’s learning experiences.
- Year Levels
- Enrolment Forum and Tour Bookings for 2022 Enrolments
- Expressions of Interest Forms
- Welcome Pack - Prep to Year 6 2021
- Prep Transition 2021
- Health and Wellbeing
- Student Support Staff
- Brain Food Program
- Yard Duty
- Disabilities Program
- Digital Learning
- Useful Websites