PPPS enjoys excellent, up to date facilities. There are four core buildings and modern relocatable classrooms. All classrooms and buildings are air conditioned and heated.
BLOCK A Eight classrooms, situated between the Hall and the Gym.
BLOCK B A large hall for student use plus an elevated music room to provide a stage area for student performances, as needed. The canteen, a senior student toilet block and Outside School Hours Care office are attached. The OSHCP operates in the hall. The large covered area beside the hall is used for a range of outdoor activities including physical education, sport, OSHCP, lunchtimes and recesses and is called The Serambi (Indonesian for veranda).
BLOCK C Administration block including Library, conference room, staffroom, principal class offices, First Aid room, disabled bathroom and the General Office. We also offer a large modern, sheltered area at the front of the school.
BLOCK D Six classrooms, a Visual Arts room and junior student toilets (upgraded in 2018). At the east end of the Block is a large veranda and the Maths Garden, an innovative outdoor learning space.
BLOCK E Eight relocatable classrooms either side of a covered play area. Staff toilets are attached.
BLOCK F Eight relocatable classrooms either side of a covered play area.
BLOCK G Two relocatable classrooms with a covered area, the Computer Lab, staff offices and the Ruang (Indonesian for meeting place). The Ruang is the Performing Arts room, and includes a small learning space for keyboard and guitar lessons. A new verandah with seating and an open air amphitheatre were constructed in 2020 to provide a quiet space for students to use at recess and lunchtime.
BLOCK H Gym with full sized basketball court, staff offices, storage, foyer, Science room, student and staff toilets, and the uniform shop.
SECURITY AND STUDENT SAFETY
- All buildings have been built around a safe inner asphalted courtyard.
- Two metre high security fencing has been installed around the perimeter of the school.
- Security lighting and alarms have been installed and the gates are locked during the day.
- There is plenty of covered way to provide sun and rain shelter for all students and shade over the P/1, 2/3 and 4/5/6 play equipment and the large sandpit.
- There are picnic tables for quiet activities and seating scattered around the grounds.
- There is also plenty of covered seating at the front of the school for families as they wait to collect students, and for students when waiting for excursion and sports buses.
- The synthetic sportsground has a full range of sports marked, while basketball, netball, volleyball and bat tennis courts have been strategically placed around the grounds.
- Years 5 and 6 students, under supervision, have access to Kelynack Reserve for interschool sports.
- The sportsground offers a synthetic surface with running track, markings for softball, football, soccer, two jumping pits and several four square game courts.
- There are cricket nets, three sets of playground equipment and line marking for children’s games, prep to year 6.
- There is also a large sheltered sandpit.
- Our full sized gym is marked for a range of indoor sports and is used constantly for our physical education program.
FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT
The school has been equipped to enhance student learning with tables and chairs purchased to suit the different heights of children at primary school. Adjustable chairs have been installed in the Computer Lab to cater for children’s heights from tall to short. The year six students also benefit from high benches where students can choose to stand during their learning time.
Traffic safety is everyone’s concern.
- As children learn by example, please take every opportunity to increase your child’s awareness of road safety rules.
- Parents are expected to abide by all road rules, traffic safety signs and parking restrictions in the streets around the school.
- Please note the 40 km speed limit in the immediate school area. This applies at ALL times.
- There is parking available in adjacent streets, near Kelynack Reserve and angle parking on the Telopea Crescent boundary.
- Please note the 2 minute parking restrictions in Telopea Crescent.
- Parents' cars are not permitted in the Telopea Cres staff carpark at any time. Parents' cars are not permitted in the Blossom Park Drive staff carpark between 8.15am and 4.00pm.
- The pull in bay at the front of the school in Blossom Park Drive and some of the pull in bay in Telopea Crescent has a 2 minute limit between 8.30-9.00am and 3.00-3.45pm. This is identified by a "Kiss and Go" sign. Drivers do not leave their car. Please respect this in the interest of a fair go for all and student safety.
- DO NOT walk your children to or from school through the staff car parks as this is highly dangerous. It is compulsory that students use the two designated crossings. Parents are expected to model this behaviour.
- If you see any motorists not respecting the road rules, please take their number plate details and report them to the police or Whittlesea City Council.
- We encourage parents to park a few hundred metres away and walk to enhance student fitness and help reduce traffic congestion at the beginning and end of the day.
- Footpaths around our school are marked with signs for children and families to follow when walking to and from school.
- Please show respect to our neighbours by not parking in or across their driveways.
BIKES, SKATEBOARDS AND SCOOTERS (Wheeled Recreational Devices)
Students can ride bikes, skateboards and scooters to school, however it is the law that students MUST wear helmets when riding bikes and scooters.
Unless supervised by an adult, we recommend that students do not use any of these items prior to year 4, as this is generally when children’s eyesight matures enough to be responsive to traffic.
Scooters, skateboards and roller blades are called Wheeled Recreational Devices in the road rules. Bikes and scooters can only be brought into and taken out of the grounds through gate 4 on Telopea Crescent.
Bikes and scooters are to be parked in our bike shed. We suggest that your child uses a bike lock. Skateboards can be stored with your child’s bag.
Please ensure that your child always wears a helmet when riding and observes the road rules. Children under the age of 12 years are by law allowed to ride on the footpath, however pedestrians have right of way. For safety reasons bikes, and any wheeled recreational devices, are not to be ridden in the school grounds.
Please teach your child/children to be on the lookout for cars in driveways.
The footpaths around our school are very congested with toddlers, prams, strollers, children and adults from 8.30am to 9.00am and 3.30pm to 3.45pm. Bike, skateboard and scooter riders must give way.
There seems such a lot to remember, and there is, however the most important thing to remember is to speak to us if you are unsure about anything; we will help.
Once more, welcome to the PPPS community.
Hollie Winfield Prep Learning Specialist
Leanne Weston Prep Welfare and Transition Coordinator, Leading Teacher
Julie Nixon Assistant Principal
Alison Devereux Assistant Principal
Claire McInerney Principal
- Year Levels
- Enrolment Forum and Tour Bookings for 2022 Enrolments
- Expressions of Interest Forms
- Welcome Pack - Prep to Year 6 2021
- Prep Transition 2021
- Health and Wellbeing
- Student Support Staff
- Brain Food Program
- Yard Duty
- Disabilities Program
- Digital Learning
- Useful Websites