At Plenty Parklands Primary School a challenging and comprehensive curriculum is implemented. The school has high expectations of both students and staff.
The curriculum your child will experience is based on the Victorian Curriculum, as shown below.
You will receive two written reports and three opportunities to meet each year to discuss your child’s effort, progress and achievements.
STUDENT LEARNING PROGRAMS are enhanced with many extra programs and resources.
A. THE SCHOOL PROVIDES PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN WHO NEED EXTRA SUPPORT.
- English and Mathematics (e.g. Cool Counting program, Learning Support program)
- A specialised Language Support program for children with language disorders.
- Specialised learning activities are offered to cater for talented and gifted students in classroom programs. We also offer places in short term programs, such as WISEones.
- Selected year 5 and year 6 students compete annually in Tournament of Minds at La Trobe University.
- Social Skills Program for children needing assistance for their interpersonal development.
- Year 2 to 6 students have the opportunity to enter the NSW University English and Mathematics testing program (ICAS).
B. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Choir (years 3à6)
- Band (years 5à6)
- Dance (years 4à6)
- Chess Club for any interested students
C. CAMPING PROGRAM -
(costs to families are monitored by School Council)
Prep breakfast in pyjamas at school
year 1 evening barbecue at school
year 2 day camp to local venue
year 3 2 night camp
year 4 2 night camp
year 5 3 night camp
year 6 3 night, 4 day Canberra tour
D. ARTS PROGRAM
To support our class and specialist Arts program we also enjoy a
- Biennial School Concert – all students prep to year 6 (2017)
- Biennial Family Dance – prep to year 4 (2016)
- Years 5 and 6 dance program
E. SPORT / PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
- prep - PMP
- year 1 / 2 - swimming
- year 3 / 4 - gymnastics
- year 5 / 6 - interschool sport
In addition to Physical Education classes, many students participate in sporting tournaments and carnivals.
F. EXCURSIONS and IN SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
These are planned as part of curriculum programs at each year level to enrich the children’s learning experiences.
- School Vision
- School Values
- Victorian Curriculum
- Reporting to Parents
- Learning Structure
- Staffing Structure
- School Policies
- School History
- Public Accountability
- 2016 Welcome Information
- Strategic Plan